Property Assistant - Part time
Mondays and Thursdays, one Saturday morning per month and holiday cover
About Blackwood & Smith
Founded in 1843, Blackwood & Smith LLP have been proudly serving the people of Peebles and the surrounding areas for generations. We deal with residential property sales as well as having a robust legal team specialising in a number of legal fields including conveyancing, commercial law, private client and family law.
Due to continued client demand, we are currently looking to recruit a Property Assistant to join our Estate Agency on a part time basis.
Skills required for the post:
- Acting as initial point of contact for general property enquiries and viewing requests
- Liaising with clients and buyers face to face and via telephone and email
- Strong IT skills and willingness to embrace new technology
- Updating estate agency system
- Confident telephone manner
- Updating clients regarding activity on their property
- General admin duties as required
- Viewing properties as and when required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities: Polite, flexible, informative, and empathetic to clients needs. Driving licence essential.
Salary will be negotiable depending upon level of transferable experience.
Do you have a solid background in Secretarial support? Do you want to work in a friendly and successful environment?
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Legal Secretary required to provide an efficient Secretarial and Administrative role, with audio typing experience.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent IT skills, willingness to embrace new technology
- Audio typing from digital dictation in an accurate and efficient manner
- Ability to proof- read own work
- Accurate data entry and strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Legal experience preferred
Candidates will be flexible, self motivated and able to work to your own initiative. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is essential. You will also be a good communicator and be able to assist in dealing with clients over the phone.
Hours: Full time Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. Salary: Dependent on experience