- Outstanding detached family home
- Situated in the picturesque rural village of Eddleston
- Stylish interiors w. exceptional natural light
- Welcoming vestibule & reception hall w. WC
- Bright & airy, triple aspect living room
- Sunny conservatory w.garden views
- 8+ person formal dining room
- Stylish, contemporary kitchen and utility room
- Master bedroom w. en-suite shower room
- Three additional double bedrooms
- Versatile single room/home office
- 3pc. family bathroom w.whirlpool bath
- Secluded front and rear gardens
- Integral double garage & driveway
- Oil central heating and double glazing
Offering a rural lifestyle in the picturesque village of Eddleston, this outstanding detached family home is characterised by stylish interiors designed around light and space, enjoying four double bedrooms, a versatile single room/home office, three-reception rooms, an expansive garden, and an integral double garage.
With a secluded front garden nestled behind established hedges, the main entrance opens into a handy vestibule with a cloak area, which in turn gives access to a hallway fitted with a guest WC. The hallway offers a welcoming reception and offers the first glimpse of the high-quality interiors to follow. To the right is a triple-aspect living room, which is flooded with warm sunlight throughout the day. Generously glazed, this bright and airy room provides a relaxing ambience and a multi-fuel stove for cosy winter evenings. Next door, a lovely conservatory offers a third reception space with idyllic garden views and French doors flowing onto the patio. A formal dining room with plenty of space for an 8+ person table is accessible from the living room and the conservatory, creating a wonderful open flow for everyday life and entertaining. Adjacent is a stylish kitchen and separate utility room, which includes convenient garden and garage access. Here, handle-less cabinets in white-gloss sit against teek worktops: a sleek contemporary design enhanced by under-cabinet lighting and a breakfast bar for morning coffee. Behind the stylish units hide an impressive range of integrated appliances, including: an induction hob, two side-by-side ovens, a built-in microwave, a full-length fridge and full-length freezer. Upstairs, a landing (with storage) leads to the spacious master bedroom, which boasts an immaculate en-suite shower room with contemporary fixtures. Three further double bedrooms, all with built-in wardrobes, are presented to the same high-standards with plush-fitted carpets. The fifth bedroom is a generous and versatile single bedroom, which could be used as a home office. Completing the property is a fully-tiled, three-piece bathroom with a luxury whirlpool corner bath and an overhead shower. Oil central heating (by way of a recently-installed boiler) and double glazing throughout ensure year round comfort and efficiency.
In addition to the front garden, the home boasts an expansive rear garden with unparralled privacy. Mature trees and leafy greens frame a manicured lawn ideal for relaxing in the sun, whilst a patio provides the perfect spot for al fresco dining. An integral double garage and driveway offer extensive parking for five cars.
Extras: all fitted floor coverings and window blinds, and integrated appliances to be included in the sale. A washing machine and tumble dryer may be available by separate negotiation.
• Outstanding detached family home
• In the picturesque rural village of Eddleston
• Stylish interiors w. exceptional natural light
• Welcoming vestibule & reception hall w. WC
• Bright & airy, triple-aspect living room
• Sunny conservatory w. garden views
• 8+ person formal dining room
• Stylish, contemporary kitchen & utility room
• Master bedroom w. en-suite shower room
• Three additional double bedrooms
• Versatile single room/home office
• 3pc. family bathroom w. whirlpool bath
• Secluded front & rear gardens
• Integral double garage & driveway
• Oil central heating & double glazing
Eddleston, Scottish Borders
The small and picturesque conservation village of Eddleston in the unspoilt Borders countryside, offers the best of both worlds: a rural haven only 4-miles from Peebles yet only a short 17-mile commute to the heart of the bustling city centre. The village offers picture-perfect landscapes nestled between the Eddleston Water and Longcote Burn offering delightful country walks. The village itself has a primary school (with secondary schooling in nearby Peebles), a church and a community run village hall hosting events throughout the year, plus village pub and restaurant. The nearby Barony Castle offers a restaurant, bar, and lounge with accommodation and full spa facilities. A short drive will take you to the bustling historic market town of Peebles. A real destination for shopping, arts, and culture, the town a wide range of independent shops and business, which are supplemented with a select few high-street stores and supermarkets. There is no shortage of everyday essentials, including banks, pharmacies, and a post office, plus a choice of restaurants, bars and cafés. Peebles also hosts a varied programme of cultural events and attractions all year round, with the main venue being the Eastgate Theatre & Arts Centre. Eddleston’s location on the A703 makes commuting to Edinburgh City Bypass and Peebles, fast and convenient.